Winter has come to Portland.
Winter has come and you can have "faith" in SERVPRO of Southwest Portland. Frozen pipes that can break and cause flooding as well as other types of water and fire damage that can cause trouble to your home or business are never convenient. At SERVPRO "We can Manage the Damage" and have been helping customers deal with disaster for over 50 years. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland has the 3E's (Experience, Equipment and Expertise). Besides water and fire damage we do mold mitigation and remediation. Move outs and contents restoration. We do Document drying and we also clean air ducts and HVAC, carpets, upholstery, drapes and hard floors. We also do Biohazard, crime scene and vandalism which includes board ups. We service Multnomah County and all areas of Portland metro. Please call us at 503.777.9739 if you have any questions.
Wall Covered in Mold
Wall covered in mold.
This St. Johns Mold Damage was preceded by heavy water damage. It doesn’t take long for mold to get a foothold and begin growing. You can see the extent of mold growth that had took place in just a few days. When SERVPRO of Southwest Portland was called in to remediate both the water and mold damage it was apparent that dry wall would need to be removed as part of the mold cleanup project. Then a drying and dehumidification process began. The after picture shows that SERVPRO of North Fulton County made it seem “Like it never even happened.” We are available 24/7 to help with your emergency. Just call 503-777-9739 to get one of our teams rolling.
When Business Mistakes Happen
This restaurant fire was put out but the damage was done.
Just when your back is turned mistakes can happen. When this restaurant had a fire SERVPRO was there to help this business get back to work. There was not only fire and smoke damage but water damage as well due to putting out the fire. Your business is important and SERVPRO of Southwest Portland has the equipment and resources to mitigate any sort of disaster that anyone might have. We can manage the damage. The equipment used on this job not only saved the insurance company money but got the restaurant up and running in record time. We believe in the 3E's (Experience, Expertise and Equipment) and are proud to serve Multnomah County and other areas of Portland. Please call us at 503.777.9739 and you can also program us into your phone.
Mold in kitchen.
Under your kitchen sink could be one of the dirtiest places in your house. Keeping moisture away as well as cleaning products upright and in a safe place goes a long way! Keep mold, mildew, dampness away by keeping things neat and orderly.
Water intrusions can result from storm damage , plumbing or equipment failures, long standing leaks and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments . If the humidity and moisture levels in a water damaged environment is not promptly returned to normal mold spore may go and multiple causing health issues.
SERVPRO professionals work to control and remove mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of building occupants
Mold can go anywhere
Mold inside a draw.
Mold can grow places that we don't even think about if the area is even remotely damp. Bathrooms and kitchens are the biggest offenders since they have so many nooks and crannies that might get missed in routine cleaning. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland can get rid of the mold in any place it might decide to grow. You should leave the clean-up to the professionals so it doesn't get any worse!
Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been the subject for moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly.
If excessive mold growth is present additional assistance may be required.
Tree blown over on house
One of our crazy wind storms blew a tree over on this house.
Here in Portland, OR we have had an unusual number of winter storms this year, many with high winds and many with unprecedented snow. This home was the victim of high winds, a tree was thrown into the house breaking windows and damaging the siding, roof and gutters. Good thing they called SERVPRO of SW Portland to do the clean up!
We were able to respond within the same day due to the nature of the damage. The inside of the home was cleaned up, side of the home was covered with a tarp as well as the roof. This very happy customer can now have the home repaired leaving little or no down time.
Call SERVPRO of SW Portland for any damages you might have and we will respond to your damage as soon as we can!
Hoarding can be very costly and dangerous.
Hoarding can be very costly and dangerous.
A few months ago SERVPRO of SW Portland got a call from a customer that had a water leak in their basement. When we got there they didn't know how long the leak had been going or where it came from. After clearing out a path to get around the basement, we found the source was a water heater that failed. The entire basement was damaged, bedroom carpet, walls and most of the contents in it. We started removing damaged items, which was hampered because of the intense amount of hoarding. Many of the homeowner's items had to be thrown out due to damage or mold, causing a large loss of personal property to the owner. SERVPRO of SW Portland boxed up over 400 boxes of belongings so the basement could be dried out and restored. When the basement was finished all of her belongings were taken back, all in boxes and labeled so she can find things she might be looking for.
Please call us at 503-777-9739
Auto Repair Shop Suffers Fire Damage
Getting back to before loss condition
This auto repair shop here in Portland, OR was the victim of an overnight fire. With all of the oil, gas, oil filled rags, vehicles and fluids this type of business is very susceptible to fire. This one happened to be started by an old, faulty electrical panel.
After the fire was out, the owner knew they could depend on SERVPRO of SW Portland to get them back up and running. As you can imagine, the amount of items that were damaged was very large but not all of it was thrown away. Many items were taken to our warehouse and cleaned up with our wide range of specific cleaning supplies. When they were taken back to the shop the owner was thrilled that they didn't have to be thrown out.
Fire Extinguisher Clean Up
Let a professional do the clean-up.
There are times a homeowner or business owner is forced to use a fire extinguisher. When it comes time for the clean up you should call in the professionals at SERVPRO of SW Portland to handle the job. The dry chemical will get all over the place and it can be hard to clean up and to take on personally, we are trained in environmental safety and will make sure the job is complete. This job took one Air Scrubber and 3 HEPA Vacuums to clear the air, as well as the floor, shelves and furniture. The room that would have taken days to clean and sanitize took less than 4 hours.
Please call us twenty-four hours a day seven days a week
Mold can be hiding where least expected
Mold can be very bad for your health.
When you have any type of water damage whether in your home or business, it is best to call in the professionals here at SERVPRO of SW Portland to handle the problem. Water damage can come from storm damage, broken pipe, leaky faucet, faulty appliances, there are many sources water can come from. Mold hides in various places that, if not dried out properly, can actually accelerate the mold growth process. We have the knowledge, tools and machines that dry out your water damage quickly and efficiently, killing the mold spores so they do not continue to grow. Not only does this eliminate the mold problem, treating it expeditiously cuts down on the damage mold can do to your home as well as potential health effects.