Motor Home Fire
Camper caught on fire and cause damage to the side of the house and smoke to one room of the house. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland was on the job within an hour , assuring the customer we would take care of their needs and make it."Like it never even happened."
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring, versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO Professionals provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
Fire on the Barbie
Fire caused by Grilling
Summer is the peak season for grill fires and since outdoor grilling is one of the most popular ways to cook food, here are some simple tips to be on your way to safe grilling.
1) Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
2) The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
3) Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
4) Never leave your grill unattended.
5) Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it
6) When you are finished grilling on a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
7) Always keep a Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher handy.
SERVPRO of Southwest Portland is proudly serving Multnomah County. Any questions or grilling recipes please call us at 503-777-9739.
Disaster can come in all shapes and sizes. Mistakes happen and when they do you can trust SERVPRO of SW Portland to save the day. A concrete contractor accidently drilled through the ceiling of a this server room releasing water and dust that caused thousands of dollars worth of damage. The cleanup saved millions of dollars worth of damage to the equipment and data and the day was saved!
Post Mitigation of the server room shows Air Scrubbers and Portable AC unit to counter heat given off from cleaning practices and equipment usage.
SERVPRO of Southwest Portland was there to make it "Like it never even happened."
Please call us at 503-777-9739 twenty-four hours a day seven days a week for all your needs.
Men in White
Men in White
This home had a sewer line fail so they called in SERVPRO of Southwest Portland to clean up the mess and the damages. We had to remove part of the wall to get to the mold that accumulated and the category 3 contaminated water damage that was inside the wall cavity. Our advanced technology equipment gives us the knowledge to remove the contaminated area, get to the source of the problem and get it cleaned up so the home can get back to normal as soon as possible. Nobody likes it when their home is out of sorts and we get that. That is why you should call us as soon as you have a problem, so we can make it "Like it never even happened."
Please call us a 503-777-9739 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Mold is not our friend
AC water leak which caused mold in the flooring of the basement.
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage , plumbing or equipment failures, long standing leaks and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increase risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in must environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not returned to normal, mold spores may grow and mulitply. Organic materials found inside a building , such as wood, paper, drywall and insulation , provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that pose a health threat.
Drew in Crawl Space
We know stains. Since 1967 SERVPRO professionals have been handling stains and soils of all types, from residential homes to commercial facilities.
Refrigerator line leaked for two months causing major damage to home. Drew down in crawl space cleaning.
We know stains. Since 1967 SERVPRO professionals have been handling stains and soils of all types, from residential homes to commercial facilities. Using IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) standards for carpet care as a guide, we will walk with you through your home and guide you in the best decisions to care for your carpet.
A Service Professional will take the time to:
1) Show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling.
2) Give you an estimate of time and cost of the carpet cleaning.
3) Explain the benefits of soil protection.
4) Explain the advantages of a clean carpet for good indoor air quality.
SERVPRO of Southwest Portland is proud to serve Multnomah County and other areas of Portland. Any questions about our services please call us at 503.777.9739.
Daycare center fire.
Founded in 1967, SERVPRO is a leader of water, fire, mold and other specialty cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO's Professionals have responded to property damage emergencies ranging from multi-million dollar disasters such as the Pentagon, to those suffered by individual businesses and homes. SERVPRO Professionals have established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients nationwide. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland "can manage the damage" and get your business back. We are proud to serve Multnomah County and other areas of the Portland Metro. SERVPRO professional are trained and have been background checked. Your place of business could not be in better hands than those of SERVPRO of Southwest Portland. Please call us at 503.777.9739 twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
Duplex fire loss due to outside grill. Both sides of the duplex were damaged.
Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into the carpet.
Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop open to help prevent odor.
Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets , trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes.
Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until trained professional can check.
New CE Class
Had a wonderful show of insurance agents for our in- house Law and Ethics CE Class.
We always enjoy meeting with the insurance agents and having the share and interact with each other and the teacher of the class.
As the law continue to change daily in the insurance industry it is very important to continue to update yourself and your agents on the newest laws.
Please check on Facebook page for all the latest class schedules.
Social Media has really helped us to reach out to new clients in the area as well as being able to update our clients with our latest information in the way of blogs both on facebook and on our website. Please see our facebook blogs.
Please call us a 503-777-9739.
Water Fountain Malfunction
Water Fountain Malfunction
The local church had a water damage due to the water fountain malfunctioning. The downstairs area of the church was flooded. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland was able to be on the job in less than an hour making the damage far less than it would have been had the customer had to wait for hours for someone to start the cleanup. Speed to the job is essential in a water to damage to prevent greater loss of the water wicking up the walls and spreading to other areas that were not affected. Mold can also start to grow within 72 hours or less if left unattended. Please call SERVPRO of Southwest Portland for all your fire, water, mold and bio-hazard needs. Please call us at 503-777-9739.