Broken Sewage Pipe Under House
A sewer pipe broke underneath this home. SERVPRO was able to clean up this biohazard and left the house smelling fresh.
Some do's and don'ts:
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated from sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Sewage back up can occur because items that aren't meant to be flushed get flushed and stuck.