Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
If you are experiencing an insurance repair, your insurance company provides coverage to restore your home to preloss condition. Before your project begins, you will need to make sure you have secured all the required approvals. Your local SERVPRO professional may be able to assist you with some of these approvals. The items and processes described on this page are applicable for almost every job, but every project is unique. Your local SERVPRO franchise professionals are here to guide you through the process and the information above is meant to help you understand your role in your project as well as the general roles for your local SERVPRO franchise, the insurance company, adjusters and your mortgage company.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (503) 777-9739
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2020 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.