CAT 3 Water Damage
When the unfortunate instance of water damage takes place in your life, know SERVPRO of Southwest Portland will do everything in our power to help. Here are some tips to keep yourself and your property safe, as well as aid in the process of the clean up. SERVPRO of Southwest Portland helping to make it "Like it never even happened."
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated from sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Sewage back up can occur because items that aren't meant to be flushed get flushed and stuck.